Saturday 21 June 2014

Find happiness in your week xox - 15th June 2014

Summer is here and there are so many beautiful things all around us. They're so easy to miss that sometimes we forget the small things in life which are the most precious and we focus on the negatives, the things we haven't done or the things we don't have. This week has been hectic and draining, the dreaded cold making its way round work finally caught up with me and for most of the week I felt as though someone had taken a shovel to my head! In the midst of feeling sorry for myself, I nearly forgot all the things that actually made me happy this week. Why is it we place so much on the negatives and not the positives?! Today marks the beginning of Summer and like #100happydays, I'm going to concentrate on the positives. Here's 15 things that made me happy this week ❤︎

1. Celebrating Father's Day! Big love to all the Daddys out there!
















2. Beautiful flowers from our boy who came home from his year abroad in the Netherlands.





















3. My first full day at Brighton beach with my gurl since finishing Uni! Naturally came home with the classic English sunburn...but the strawberry Daiquiri definitely helped ;)





















4. Being a proud girlfriend when Shill led his first real advertising campaign at work!

5. Annie and the Mannequins new in collection (and free delivery on ASOS Marketplace).

6. Paying the final fee towards the LSJ three-day writing course and getting excited! AND making plans with the girls in London for afterwards. 2 weeks!

7. Me and Shill having our first duvet day in weeks since working full time, with chocolate digestives and endless cups of tea! Oh, and football *sulky face*. Speaking of digestives, the advert where the puppies come out of the McVities wrapper...
















8. Getting an unexpected email from my dissertation tutor who told me I had achieved a first! Such a lovely surprise! What a babe she is!

9. Walking to work and seeing an elderly couple holding hands in the park. Wondering how long they had been in love, the things they must have seen and been through and the memories they must have made together. I wondered how many times they had been there for each other, laughed together and cried together and I realised how special it is to find someone who you truly love and cherish every day.

10. Mango. On my cereal, on its own, with frozen yoghurt, wherever and whenever!

11. A new nail varnish! Bourjois So laque glossy 03 BC Beige.





















12. Booking train tickets home to Manchester! 

13. Watching the episode of SATC where Carrie has her book signing. One of my favourite quotes about Mr. Big...

Like that freckle on my face that he once told me he loved. I could do my best to cover it during the day, but at night, after I washed the city off my face, there it was…a tiny brown dot near the tip of my lip. And I wondered how something so small could suddenly seem so big.

14. This arriving. Definitely the best silver shampoo for getting rid of brassy yellow tones. Highly recommend girliessss.





















15. FaceTime audio call with my amazing girl Geo who's currently training in MIAMI! Missing her beautiful face and couldn't be more proud of all the things she's achieved!

How's your week been? xox

No comments:

Post a Comment