Friday 11 April 2014

8 names I would never give my baby

Today an article found its way onto my newsfeed about baby names which are uncommon, unique and at the same time very adorable. Ahhhhhh, I thought. This will be cute. Since my boyfriend's sister has just had the most beautiful baby girl, Ive been very mushy over babies, so I thought this article looked worthy of procrastinating over. 

I'm not going to say much else about the article except for the fact that it helped me gather eight names which I would never name my baby.

1. DOE
I can just hear the playground bullies... Doe a deer a female deer...

2. PIKE
Really? Pike? As in PIKEY? Why would you name your innocent new born baby after this?


3. ASHLAND
To mean 'land of ash trees' - well that's perfect for any baby, right?. It reminds me of the word, 'wasteland' which is just as inappropriate.

4. BRIGHTON
Why? I don't understand why? 

5. VALKO
This isn't cute, it sort of sound like a mix between 'hulk' and 'Volkswagen'.

6. DOBRY
Anyone else just think of/misread this as Dobby from Harry Potter?

7. GANNON
Reminds me of the word 'gammon' and that's reason enough. 

8. BURGER
Errr...burger? So has this originated from that Sex and the City episode when Carrie was dating that guy who broke up with her on a post it note? Cos he was actually called 'Berger' with an 'e' and also it was his last name...

No comments:

Post a Comment