Thursday 23 January 2014

We should just do more nice things...

After living in the library for a solid three weeks and stressing over every single word of my assignments, I finally reached my deadline and waved goodbye to ten coffees a day; crazy half hour periods at about 4pm where I wondered whether I was actually insane and finally, procrastinating for hours on ASOS. (Obviously I'm still going to procrastinate on ASOS, but this time, guilt-free thank you).

And yes, I was more than ready for a glass of Rose, or four.

So me and the girls got on our heels and skirts and hit Brighton town. Or in Hannah's case, her jumpsuit which as you can see, was fabulous.


So the night was a classic, cheap doubles on a Tuesday and chips on the way home, but my oh my, did I feel those doubles in the morning. I also had A LOT of making up to do due to the fact that I (in spite of being told not to), banged on the boyfriend's window at 3 am, kept him awake all night snoring and errr...he has deadlines this week. I am horrendous and I felt like the WORST human the next day.

So two lovely things happened. The first one was that my housemate bought me a bunch of flowers. Just because and I quote, 'you just seemed like you needed a bunch of flowers today'
SAY WHAT? So nice, right?

The next was that I asked myself, what on earth can I do to make things right with the boyf?
Well, we all know the way to a man's heart...just one of the lessons we learn from our wiser and more experienced mothers. FOOD.

It was the least I could do really, so I ventured out to Sainsbury's, feeling horrendous but determined.
Finally I arrived home and whipped up the tastiest Paella I've ever made. For some reason, the fact I was hungover seemed to work a treat, I threw in everything I could find - I still felt a little drunk so my inhibitions on what spices to use (and buy) were at an all time low and I found myself crunching saffron strands and measuring out turmeric...


It went down perfectly and amazingly the spices were just right. I think I'm forgiven but it made me think, we should do nice things more often. My day was completely made by the flowers - how nice that someone would think of you like that? And the Paella, I needed to do something nice to make something better, but it should be done more often. I decided that since Shill has deadlines and I've finished mine, I can make things easier for him in little ways. Tonight I'm making Indian spiced Shepherd's Pie...lets see how that one goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment