Friday 25 July 2014

10 things girls think when they're desperately shopping xox

So in the next seven days I have two graduations, two graduation meals, three birthdays and one birthday weekend. I'm not even sure there are enough days, but apart from being well and truly skint,(and counting down the days till payday) I've also spent a great deal of time shopping...in this heat! Wahhhh. Now, I'm not a 'new occasion, new outfit' kind of gal, (I wish I was, but lets face it, what grad has that kind of spare cash hanging around?) but with a post-dissertation wardrobe (aka zero 'going-out' clothes) I was more than excited to splash out! 

Except I couldn't find anything. Not one dress that I loved. My graduation is in four days and I am still without dress. And my favourite purchase? A Topshop boutique dress from last year which I found on eBay. So I've been doing a lot of desperate shopping, in other words, trying to convince myself I love something that I actually hate. Here's 10 ridiculous and unrealistic things I've thought this week:

1. 'If I eat nothing but salad and rice cakes for the next week, I reckon I will be able to pull this off.'

2. 'It's fine, I'll remember to make extra effort to suck in all night.' 

3. 'Hmmm...a bit low cut. I'll get one of the girls on boob duty - sorted!'

4. 'If I stand sideways for photos I'll be able to get away with it.'

5. 'Not 100% on this one but I'll make an effort to fake tan and then it will look fab.'

6. 'Yeah bright yellow doesn't usually suit me but maybe it's time for a change?'

7. 'It's only £30...even if you hate it tomorrow it's only £30, you'd probably just spend that on crap food this week anyway.'

8. 'It probably looks better than you think it does...'

9. *squeezing into a size smaller because they're out of your size* 'this sort of fits and I can kind of still breathe.'

10. 'Wow £100...but, if I make lunch for the next week and don't buy coffee, I'll save like £6 a day, that's £42 which means I would really only be spending £58 on the dress...'

Be honest with yourself ladies, you'll only regret it later! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment